Data protection declaration
We attach great importance to data protection. The collection and processing of your personal data is carried out in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We collect and process your personal data in order to be able to offer you the above-mentioned portal. This statement describes how and for what purpose your data is collected and used and what choices you have in connection with personal data.
Data protection information
1. Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about the processing of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to art. 4 para. 7 GDPR is
Norddeutsche Pflanzenzucht Hans-Georg Lembke KG
Contact details of the external data protection officer:
c/o Vater Solution GmbH
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions.
This data is processed on the basis of art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR if your enquiry is related to the fulfilment of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the enquiries addressed to us in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR or on your consent in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR, if this has been requested.
The contact data will remain with us until you ask us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your enquiry has been processed or a purchase contract has been concluded). Mandatory statutory provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
(4) We use service providers who work exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions to provide the service offered, e.g. to host our systems or operate our IT. These providers have been carefully selected by us and are regularly monitored.
Your data will only be stored by us for as long as it is required for the purposes on which the processing is based. Beyond this, we only store data insofar as we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. due to statutory retention obligations.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards the controller with regard to your personal data:
- Right of information,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right of objection to the processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
The contact details of the data protection supervisory authorities can be found at the following link
3. Processing of personal data when visiting our website
When using the website for information purposes, i.e. simply viewing it without registering and without providing us with any other information, we process the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. The data described below is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security and must therefore be processed by us. The storage period is 10 weeks. Legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- date and time of the enquiry
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (page visited)
- access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- previously visited page
- operating system
- language and version of the browser software
4. Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested and use other common functions to analyse or market our offers, which are presented in more detail below. For this purpose, you must generally provide additional personal data or we process such additional data that we use to provide the respective services. The aforementioned data processing principles apply to all data processing purposes described here.
(2) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. Depending on the service, your data may also be collected by the partners on their own responsibility. You will receive more detailed information when you enter your data or below in the description of the respective offers.
(3) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
5. Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time by post to Norddeutsche Pflanzenzucht Hans-Georg Lembke KG, Hohenlieth-Hof 1, 24363 Holtsee or by e-mail to Datenschutz@npz.de. Such a cancellation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us. The permissibility of the processing of your data up to the time of your cancellation remains unaffected.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way we do. In the event of your objection, we will examine the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. The best way to exercise your objection to advertising is to use the contact details given above.
6. Processing of data from your end devices
(1) In addition to the above-mentioned data, we use technical aids for various functions when you use our website, in particular cookies, which can be stored on your end device. When you access our website and at any time thereafter, you have the choice of whether you generally allow cookies to be set or which individual additional functions you would like to select. You can make changes in your browser settings or via our Consent Manager. In the following, we first describe cookies from a technical perspective before going into more detail about your individual choices by describing technically necessary cookies and cookies that you can voluntarily select or deselect.
(2) Cookies are text files or information in a database that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using so that certain information can flow to the organisation that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programmes or transfer viruses to your computer, but are primarily used to make the website faster and more user-friendly. This website uses the following types of cookies, whose function and legal basis are explained below:
- Transient cookies: Such cookies, especially session cookies, are automatically deleted when the browser is closed or by logging out. They contain a so-called session ID. This allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to the shared session and your computer can be recognised when you return to our website.
- Persistent cookies: These are automatically deleted after a specified period, which varies depending on the cookie. You can view the cookies set and the duration at any time in your browser settings and delete the cookies manually.
(3) Mandatory functions that are technically necessary to display the website: The technical structure of the website requires us to use technologies, in particular cookies. Without these technologies, our website cannot be displayed (completely correctly) or the support functions could not be enabled. These are basically transient cookies that are deleted at the end of your visit to the website, at the latest when you close your browser. You cannot deselect these cookies if you wish to use our website. The individual cookies can be seen in the Consent Manager.
(4) Optional cookies if you give your consent: We only set various cookies with your consent, which you can select on your first visit to our website via the so-called cookie consent tool. The functions are only activated if you give your consent and can be used in particular to enable us to analyse and improve visits to our website, to make it easier for you to use our website via different browsers or end devices, to recognise you when you visit us again or to place advertising (possibly also to orientate advertising to your interests, measure the effectiveness of advertisements or show interest-based advertising).
You can withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
(5) We use the consent management tool CCM19 on our website, which enables you to give your consent to data processing via the website, in particular the setting of cookies, and to exercise your right to withdraw consent you have already given.
The purpose of data processing is to obtain and document the necessary consent for data processing and thus to comply with legal obligations. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Among other things, the following information is collected and transmitted to CCM19: Date and time of the page view, a random ID, consent status. Our company does not process the data itself; the data is stored as a log file. Access to the log files of our customers only takes place with the prior agreement and consent of the customer. This data is not passed on to other third parties. The data processing is carried out to fulfil a legal obligation on the basis of art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR."
This website uses Matomo if you have consented to this in the Consent Manager. Matomo is an open source software tool for web analysis. Web analysis is the elevation, collection and evaluation of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis tool collects data on the website from which a data subject came to a website (so-called referrer), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for how long a subpage was viewed. Web analysis is mainly used to optimise a website and for the cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The software is operated on the server of the controller; the log files, which are sensitive under data protection law, are stored exclusively on this server.
The purpose of the Matomo component is to analyse the flow of visitors to our website. The data controller uses the data and information obtained, among other things, to analyse the use of this website in order to compile online reports that show the activities on our website.
Matomo places a cookie on the data subject's IT system. What cookies are has already been explained above. By setting the cookie, we are able to analyse the use of our website. Each time one of the individual pages of this website is accessed, the Internet browser on the data subject's IT system is automatically prompted by the Matomo component to transmit data to our server for the purpose of online analysis. As part of this technical process, we obtain knowledge of personal data, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves us, among other things, to trace the origin of visitors and clicks.
Cookies are used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which access was made and the frequency of visits to our website. Each time you visit our website, this personal data, including the IP address of the Internet connection used by the data subject, is transmitted to our server. This personal data is stored by us. We do not pass this personal data on to third parties.
The legal basis for data processing is art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDRP. You grant us the necessary consent by selecting the opt-in "statistics" on the cookie notice banner.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Matomo can be found at the following link: https://matomo.org/privacy/
8. Our presence on social networks
(1) We have various presences on social media platforms. We operate these presences with the following providers.
Processed data types: Contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers); Content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
Data subjects: Users (e.g. website visitors, users of social media platforms).
Purposes of Processing: Contact requests and communication; Feedback (e.g. collecting feedback via online form); Marketing.
The legal basis for the processing of your data on the social media platforms is art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Instagram: Social network; service provider: Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; parent company: Meta Platforms Inc, Menlo Park, California, USA.
YouTube: We link to videos on our website.
The service provider is Google Ireland Limited (incorporated and operated under Irish law) (registration number: 368047), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
(2) We use the technical platform and services of the providers for these information services. We would like to point out that you use our presence on social media platforms and their functions on your own responsibility. This applies in particular to the use of interactive functions (e.g. commenting, sharing, rating). When you visit our websites, the providers of the social media platforms collect, among other things, your IP address and other information that is stored on your end device in the form of cookies. This information is used to provide us, as the operator of the accounts, with statistical information about the interaction with us.
(3) The data collected about you in this context will be processed by the platforms and may be transferred to countries outside the European Union, in particular the USA. The USA is considered by the European Court of Justice to be a country with a level of data protection that is currently inadequate by EU standards. This could result in risks for users because, for example, it may be more difficult to enforce their own rights. According to their own statements, all of the aforementioned providers maintain an adequate level of data protection that corresponds to that of the former EU-US Privacy Shield and we have concluded the standard data protection clauses with the companies (with the exception of Xing, as this provider is based within the EU). We do not know how the social media platforms use the data from your visit to our account and interaction with our posts for their own purposes, how long this data is stored and whether data is passed on to third parties. Data processing may differ depending on whether you are registered and logged in to the social network or whether you visit the site as a non-registered and/or non-logged-in user. When you access a post or the account, the IP address assigned to your end device is transmitted to the provider of the social media platform. If you are currently logged in as a user, a cookie on your device can be used to track your online behaviour. Buttons integrated into websites enable the platforms to record your visits to these websites and assign them to your respective profile. This data can be used to offer you customised content or advertising. If you want to avoid this, you should log out or deactivate the "stay logged in" function, delete the cookies on your device and restart your browser.
(5) To exercise your rights as a data subject, you can contact us or the provider of the social media platform. If one party is not responsible for responding or must receive the information from the other party, we or the provider will then forward your enquiry to the respective partner. Please contact the operator of the social media platform directly for questions about profiling and the processing of your data when using the website. If you have any questions about the processing of your interaction with us on our site, please write to the contact details provided by us above [see under sect. 1 para. 2].
(6) What information the social media platform receives and how it is used is described by the providers in their privacy policies. There you will also find information about contact options and the settings options for adverts.
The controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of handling the application process. This data is processed on the basis of sect. 26 para. 1 cl. 1 BDSG (decision on the establishment of an employment relationship).
If the controller does not conclude an employment contract with the applicant, the application documents will be deleted six months after notification of rejection, unless deletion conflicts with any other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interests pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR may, for example, be a burden of proof in proceedings under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG). Please do not send us any photos, information about your marital status or other sensitive data.
If you would like to apply directly on our website, you can access our applicant platform by embedding software tools. We will provide you with information on data processing for this platform for each position we offer.
If your application is sent to us by e-mail without encryption, it cannot be precluded that a third party could gain access to the content of your e-mail. If you feel that sending your application by e-mail is not secure enough, please use our application platform or send us your application documents by post.